Monday, March 24, 2008

Where is my Galilee?

Our pastor today gave a wonderful sermon on Matthew 28, which I guess is pretty much standard Easter fare. As usual, our pastor had a lot of points that he was trying to stuff into the 35 minutes, from the role of women in the church to that of worship, to the part that doubt plays in the Christian faith.

The point that struck me the most, though, was his closing message. He took a combination of words from the angels at the tomb and Jesus' first words to the women who came to look for Him, "He is not here. He is going ahead of you to Galilee, where you will find Him." In other words, go into the world, where He has already gone ahead of you.

Where is your Galilee? He is ahead of you, and you will find Him there.

1 comment:

StephenC said...

My Galilee is my family, my workplace, my colleagues, my students, my friends, people who need help, ...